An installment loan is exactly what it sounds like. It is a type of loan that allows you to borrow a considerablesum of money, which is to be repaid, usually every month, in a fixed number of payments known as installments. Installment loans are long term credits.That’s why borrowers pay them back in months or years, depending on the agreement with the lender.
Installment loans can either be secured or unsecured,given the type. A secured one requires collateral or a guarantor while unsecured — does not.There are three types of installment loans:auto loans, mortgages, and personal loans. Auto installment loans are used to purchase vehicles. In the same way, mortgage installment loans help to buyhouses.Personal loans can be utilized for any purpose. Auto loans and mortgages are secured, while personal loans—unsecured ones.
Why Should You Opt for Installment Loans?
There is always that moment in life when a financial crisis suddenly hits, and we need money quickly. Sometimes, these moments come more than once. If you ever find yourself in an emergency, you would understand that having a solution is the best thing. You might feel embarrassed about asking friends or family. At that time, installment loans work like a wonder.
Fast installment loans are quite well known in . You can get it from storefront lending agencies or onlineservice providers. Note that it is faster, more convenient, and less time-consuming when you get it online.
Online Installment Loans
installment loans onlineare exactly what the name suggests:the application process, review, and approval takes place online. With your smartphone/laptop and Internet access, you can apply for online installment loansfrom the comfort of your home. It is quick, safe, convenient, and timely. You don't have to drive to a storefrontlenderand get involved in unnecessary paperwork. Also, you don’t need to wait more than one business day to have your loan deposited in your account after approval.
Requirements to Qualify for Installment Loans in
A thing or two regarding requirements will undoubtedly differ from lender to lender. However,the typical average standardsto meet are mentioned below:
- You need to be a resident of in the United States.
- You must be 18 years of ageand above.
- Your regular income should be a minimum of $1000 per month.
- You must have a working bank account.
- Contact information such as your mobile number and emailso that the lender can reach you.
- If you are applying for installment loans in online, you will be asked for your social security number.Your SSNis a nine-digitnumber issued by the governmentto an eligible citizen. This number is used by the government to keep track of the number of years you have worked and the amount you have earned in your entire lifetime.
- If you are applying to a store, they might skip the SSN part. But you will needa valid photo ID issued by the government. Then, they might also request your proof of income.
Installment Loans in for Bad Credit
What Is Bad Credit?
A person has bad credit when he/shepays bills late or when he/sheowes a lot of money. Bad credit is usually represented as a low credit score. A credit score is a three-digit number. It ranges from 300 to 850. If your credit score is below 600, it means you have bad credit, and you won’t easily get loans.However, you can get bad credit installment loans up to $5000.
No Credit Check Installment Loans
Nobody likes a credit check, especially people who know they’ve got bad credit. But what is a creditcheck first of all? When a person is applying for any type of loan, it’s typical fora lender to inspect his/hercredit check. It’s a usual procedure to determine if it is a good idea to lendto a borrower. Lenders look into your credit report made by one or severalcredit bureaus: TransUnion, Experian,and Equifax. Your credit report is a history of your financial activity.
Now that you know what credit check is let’s talk about loans with no credit check required.It happens when lenders do not useyour credit report to evaluate your creditworthiness.
You will find installment loans direct lenderswho are willing to give you installment loans no credit check. But this comes with a price:you will be charged a higher Annual Percentage Rate and probably some other fees.
Installment Loans Direct Lenders
A direct lender is a financial institution that takes care of all theprocesses of giving out loans without involving a third party such as private equity firms, banks, or brokers. Working with installment loans direct lendershas its pros and cons.
Advantages of Working With a Direct Lender
- Your loan processing and approval are quicker.
- You are ensured of complete privacy. None of your personal data will be shared with a third party.
- You can easily negotiate rates and fees with a direct lender and arrive at an agreement satisfying both of you.
- Problems that might come up in the process of getting a loan can be sorted out more easily when you are working with a direct lender.
- Installment loans in for bad credit are possible.
Disadvantages of Working With a Direct Lender
- You will have difficulty comparing rates. Since a direct lender is just one financial institution, you don't have manyoptions with loan terms and conditions. This means if you want to find a direct lender with the bestoffer, then youwill have to shop around. This can be time-consuming and turn out unproductive.
- It is not soeasy to find a direct lender who would give you a loan if you have bad credit. But if you use a matching service, you are certainly going to find a lenderfor installment loans bad credit.
TheProcess of Applying for Direct Lender Installment Loans
When you apply for an installment loan from a direct lender, youneed to follow these steps:
- Get every information you can about the loan on the website of the lender.
- You need tocheck the requirements for eligibility.
- If you meet the requirements and if terms and conditions are okay with you, go ahead and fill out asmallapplication form.
- Then you need to wait for your request to get approved by the lender.
- Your funds will be sent into your account if approved.
How Much Does It Cost to Borrow an Installment Loan?
The costs that may apply when you take out an installment loan include:
- Interest: this is the percentage on a loanyou will pay every month.
- Annual Percentage Rate: this is your yearly interest and other fees expressed in percentage.
- Fees: the fees you can be charged are late payment fees or prepayment fees.
How Does the Repayment of Online Installment Loans in Work?
How you pay back your loan differs. It’s dependent on what type of credit you chooseand the lender you are working with. But typically, these terms apply regardless of loan type and lender:
- Loan Term: term in this context means the time you are given to repay. The period to repay installment loans online is between 6 to 60 months, depending on the amount you borrowed.
- How You Pay Back: usually, the fixed monthly amount will be deducted from your account directly by the lenders. But some of them give you the option of either paying with a check, online, or using an app.
- Frequency of Repayment: this is usually monthly.
Benefits of Applying for Installment Loans in
- First of all, installment loans are easy, quick, and convenient to apply for, especially when you are doing it online.
- Online installment loans let you borrow a huge lump of money, which isn't difficult to repay if you are a solvent debtor.
- Interest rates are low and quite affordable, probably why a lot of people opt for installment loans.
- You have a great chance of boosting your credit score by making on-time payments. It is not advisable, though, to take out installment loans just because you want to improve your credit score.
- Repaying installment loans is not difficult since it is a long term loan, so you have enough time to complete your payments. Also, it is easy to pay back because payments are made in affordable installments.
- You can get even installment loans in for bad credit. So there’s no need to be scared.
- You can get online installment loans ,without having to go through hard credit checks.
Are There Downsides to Installment Loans in ?
Everything has its upsides as well as downsides. So yes, there is a reverse side.
- It’s true you get a higher loan amount and lower interest rates when you take out an installment loan. You also have a longer period to pay back. But by the time you finish making your payments, you would realize that you’ve spentmuch more interest than the amount you borrowed.
- The issue of no credit check installment loans can be tricky sometimes. For instance, should you be dealing with lenders who run no kind of credit check on you? We are not saying that all no credit check installment loans are the same, but just think about it.Even if they are not going to do a hard credit check on you, at least, they should run a soft one. This way, they will determine how capable you are to pay back.
- You may not be allowed to pay off your loan earlier. You might want to get rid of it before the fixed time and be done with it.But some lenders won’t allow it. Because in this case, it means you get to pay less interest. Some creditorsmight even charge you for loan prepayment.
Best Installment Loan Companies in
- America's Loan Company. Located in Logan, OH, United States.
- America's Loan Company. Located in West Jefferson, OH, United States.
- America's Loan Company. Located inLondon, OH, United States.
- Eagle Loan. Located in Toledo, OH, United States.
- Advance America. Located inCincinnati, OH, United States.
- Eagle Loan. Locatedin Reynoldsburg, OH, United States.
- Eagle Loan. Located inHilliard, OH, United States.
- Advance America. Located in Gallipolis, OH, United States.
- Eagle Loan. Located in Akron, OH, United States.
Installment loans are quite easy and quick to apply. They are affordable and allow you a lot of time to pay back, which is not the case with payday installment loans . You can borrow a significant sum and might noteven have to go through a hard credit check.So it's up to you to weigh your options accurately and make the best decision suitable for your emergency or needs.